The miracle of self creation - Charles Eisenstein

We all sense the possibility of a more beautiful state of being, a more joyful state of being for ourselves and the world...
Let's be really really practical, and ask, "How can I stop expressing negativity?" "How can I stick with my exercise program?" "How can I find the courage to live my ideals?" "How can I stop caving in to my boss?" If none of these are relevant to you, think of one of your own habits of speech, action, or thought that causes pain, and which has resisted your most determined efforts to alter....
Let me give you an example. A motorist cuts in front of me. Here are two of the stories that offer themselves for my attention: (1) "How could she? Learn to drive, lady. The nerve of some people. I'd certainly never do that. People are always cutting in front of me, and not just in traffic. They are so selfish. Why isn't it ever my turn? I'm always so considerate, and look what I get? Nothing. No one even notices..." (2) "That lady must be in a hurry! I'm glad I was able to slow down and let her in. I bet a lot of people get mad at her. Maybe she's so tired she didn't even notice me. Luckily the universe can accommodate our mistakes."...
If you want to change the way you think, speak, and act, you can only do so by recreating your self. You cannot enforce behavioral changes through will, nor through the program of threat and incentive that we mistake for will. read in full...

An interesting essay on self analysis, reminder that we must pay more attention to our thoughts where our experience begins.

No comments: